You’re about to learn how eating raw vegetables and other starchy foods produce poisons in your gut that can damage your metabolism and overall health.
The human digestive system can digest many foods, but there are some foods that it cannot digest. A cow eat’s grass because it has rumen designed to digest cellulose, whereas a human cannot digest cellulose. The question is what happens inside our bodies when we eat cellulose?
When we eat poorly digestible foods, they sit in our digestive tracts and support bacterial overgrowth. The bacteria then feast on it and excrete toxic byproducts called Endotoxin (lipopolysaccharide). Couple that with the consumption of unsaturated fats, which increase the leakiness of the gut, and you’ve got a recipe for the efficient production and assimilation of poisons from the gut into the bloodstream.
Health Effects of Endotoxin
- Feeling Stressed Out and Irritable
- Decreased Libido
- Thin and Wrinkly Skin
- Low Appetite
- Brain Fog
- Pebble Stools
- Metallic Taste in Mouth
- Suppressed Immune System
- Suppressed Thyroid
- Blood Coagulation (Clotting)
- Endocrine and Nervous System Disorders
- Increased Oxidation of Fats
- Inhibits Glucose Metabolism
- Increases Iron Retention
- Increases Estrogen
Foods that Cause Endotoxin Production
Seeds & Nuts
– Whole Grains
– Baked Goods, etc.
– Sunflower Seeds
– Brazil Nuts, etc.
– Celery, etc.
|– Grape skin
– Plum skin
Eat What You Can Digest
I’ve read many times that we cannot digest cellulose, but had no idea the negative impact it had on our health when we went ahead and ate cellulose anyways. I felt a bit shocked when I first learned the damage that endotoxin can cause and some of the foods that promote it. Above ground vegetables – Really!? When you look at it logically, you come up with the following:
Fact 1 – We cannot digest cellulose
Fact 2 – Cellulose undigested promotes endotoxin growth
Fact 3 – Endotoxin damages the human body
I’ll never try and tell you what is best for you, but what I will do is encourage you to experiment for yourself to find what is right for you. I think you’ll find an improvement in health is waiting for you as soon as you reduce or eliminate non-digestible cellulose from your diet.
Articles and Medical Studies:
- Endotoxin: What the hell is that?
- Endotoxin in the Gut and Chylomicrons: Translocation or Transportation?
- Online Textbook of Bacteriology: Endotoxin
- Endotoxins – Information from CDC
- The Effect of Raw Carrot on Serum Lipids and Colon Function
- Study: Gut microbiota, lipopolysaccharides, and innate immunity in the pathogenesis of obesity and cardiovascular risk.
- Study: Chylomicrons alter the fate of endotoxin, decreasing tumor necrosis factor release and preventing death.
- Study: Chylomicrons enhance endotoxin excretion in bile