A recent study was completed that found garlic to have incredible healing power against warts and corns.
Published in the International Journal of Dermatology and titled “Healing Effect of Garlic Extract on Warts and Corns“, this study found that the common herb known as garlic has amazing healing properties against warts caused by the human papilloma virus, as well as corns.
In this study, twenty-eight patients were treated using a water or fat based garlic extract.
The following method was used for the study:
- Water-soluble garlic extract was applied twice daily to five patients with warts.
- Fat-soluble garlic extract was applied twice daily to 23 patients with warts, and nine patients with corns.
- 4 patients with warts and corns were treated with a placebo solution made from chloroform and methanol for 20 days.
The treatment results were as follows:
- Water-soluble garlic extract: “[F]ive cases received the aqueous garlic extract for 30–40 days, which resulted only in the disappearance of small warts and partial improvement of larger warts. Treatment with the aqueous extract of garlic needed a period of more than 2 months to achieve a partial recovery in the patients.”
- Fat-soluble garlic extract: “Twenty-three patients with 2–96 warts, and nine patients with 1–2 corns were treated by applying the lipid extract. In this group, complete recovery was observed in all cases with warts after 1–2 weeks of treatment (Fig. 1). Seven out of nine patients with corn(s) showed complete recovery (Fig. 2) while two cases showed marked improvement close to full recovery with no further improvement on continuation of treatment. The period for the treatment of corn(s) in this group was between 10 and 20 days.”
- Chloroform: methanol (control group): There was no improvement found in the control group.
The results of this study indicate that the fat-soluble garlic extract has amazing potential to heal warts and corns, with 100% recovery in those with warts, and 80% recovery in those with corns.